RockTenn (NYSE: RKT) is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of corrugated and consumer packaging. RockTenn’s 26,000 employees are committed to exceeding their customers’ expectations – every time. Based in Norcross, Ga., the company operates manufacturing facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Argentina and China.
Since its founding in 1936, RockTenn has focused on low-cost paperboard and packaging products and services that bring high value to its customers, employees and investors. RockTenn operates two main industry segments: Consumer Packaging and Corrugated Packaging.
The Consumer Packaging segment consists of an integrated system of five coated 100 percent recycled paperboard mills and a bleached paperboard mill that produces paperboard for our folding carton facilities and third parties.
- Folding Carton: We’re the second largest North American manufacturer of folding cartons, and our folding carton facilities produce a variety of innovative packaging for consumer products customers mainly in the food and beverage, and health and beauty markets. Within this group, two Fold-Pak plants are dedicated to providing take-out packaging for restaurants and leading grocers throughout the U.S.
- Merchandising Displays: RockTenn is North America’s largest producer of in-store merchandising displays. Our network of sales and design centers, manufacturing plants and fulfillment centers produces innovative temporary and permanent point-of-purchase displays for customers in a broad range of industries.
- Specialty Paperboard: Our integrated Specialty Paperboard business consists of five specialty recycled paperboard mills, including one joint venture mill, and a network of converting plants in our joint venture with Sonoco, RTS Packaging LLC. The Specialty mills produce paperboard for our partitions and book binding converting operations and independent converters, including manufacturers of tubes and cores and other products.
The Corrugated Packaging segment consists of an integrated system of nine virgin board and four 100 percent recycled board mills that manufacture 100 percent recycled linerboard and corrugated medium (containerboard), corrugated sheets, corrugated packaging and preprinted linerboard for sale to industrial and consumer products manufacturers and corrugated box manufacturers. RockTenn is the second largest producer of corrugated packaging in North America.
- Corrugated Containers: Our corrugated converting facilities produce a variety of shipping containers, retail-ready packaging, foodservice packaging and bulk bins.
- Value-added products and services: RockTenn is North America’s largest producer of preprint linerboard via our high-impact graphics facilities. Our Automated Packaging Systems plant in Orlando, Fla., designs and manufactures more than 80 custom, patented and standard machines for customers that serve a variety of markets from produce to medical supplies. RockTenn is the only integrated packaging supplier that manufactures packaging equipment.
The Recycling segment is one of the largest recyclers in North America. Our network of recycling facilities processes and sells more than eight million tons of recycled fiber and other materials annually. We also provide customers a variety of waste services including recycling and waste audits, custom programs, consolidating billing and rebate processes, equipment sales and maintenance, environmental audits, reporting and data management.
Dec 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM ET
RockTenn to Present at the Bank of America 2013 US Basic Materials Conference
Nov 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM ET
Q4 2013 Rock-Tenn Company Earnings Conference Call
Sep 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM ET
RockTenn to Present at the KeyBanc Capital Markets Basic Materials & Packaging Conference
Treasurer and Senior Vice President
Director, Corporate Communications